Cloud Store @ NGNLIVE

Saturday, November 15, 2008

One NUMBER ID for life

Personally I believe that the "one number" concept is very important and it's only a matter of time when will the concept become a reality. I wrote an email to explain the concept to my colleagues in 2007.

Thinking of the scenario that consumers have a broadband access at home and/or HSPA/3G on the road. Have used Fring for more than one year (I have my virtual PSTN number bind to my Fring account), it turns out very useful and help me save my international phone bills (using VoIP call out credit). In fact, I should say "two numbers". One is a real no. for domestic/home use and another one (virtual) for international incoming calls/outbound calling use. You can use it when you're roaming abroad. Carriers should keep an eye on Mobile VoIP and prepare a very good IP data billings strategy.

Thomas F. Anglero wrote an article talked about the same concept on 22 July 2007. In his theory, I quote
"GoogleTel = Ubiquisys (Femtocells)+ Bandwidth (Dark Fiber and 700MHz Spectrum) + Grand Central (One Number ID)
It seems very obvious at this moment what Google is doing. They are building a US nationwide Telecom operator but without the Telecom legacy. Look at the following Google equation:"
For those of you who are interested in his post, please follow the link below to read his original post there.
http://anglero.blogspot.com/2007/07/googletel-ubiquisys-femtocells.html

You may be wondering why I posted an article to talk about an one-year old article. Well, it's related to my next post to discuss the newly approved +883 location independent "country" code. With all the excited development and technology advancement, we are not far away from the reality of this "ONE NUMBER" for life concept.

Stay tuned.

No comments: