Cloud Store @ NGNLIVE

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Email to blogger successful but all images missing

I was writing two new articles for one of our upcoming Android application recent days.  As many of you blogger.com users know, the GUI of it is not very user friendly and you know just how difficult it is to upload images and re-arrange them on screen layout if it's doable which I doubt it.

To save my time, I decided to use email-to-blogger function and wrote articles offline in my Gmail.  After several hours of work finally finished and e-mailed articles out to my pre-set email address on my blog.  After login to check, I found all image files in articles were all missing with a "x".  Sign!  I then tried using different email accounts and even tested my Picasa setting but none came out successful.  So I figure out this might not be my fault in the first place.  So I google it and found lots of poor bloggers encountered the same problem like me.  Some of the posts were even back in 2008.  Yes you are right, it is year 2011 now.  I guess for a free meal you can't ask too much. Sad.

Well what can I do?  Should I switch to a different host?  Any work around or an alternative exist?

After further research on internet (I should thanks to Google anyway), bingo I have found a solution.  You can actually use Microsoft's Windows Live Writer to do offline blogging, attach images and arrange layout on you PC then upload to your blogger.com blog site.  And the best part is all images remain as where they are in place you put them.  A big thanks to Microsoft!!!  Don't ask me why it can't be done on blogger.com GUI.  I would like to know too~~~

To learn more or to download the Windows Live Writer, please go to its web site at http://explore.live.com/windows-live-writer

That's it and enjoy blogging offline.

ps. Stay tuned for our article on our new Android application tomorrow (May 6). :)

No comments: